Welcome to St. Peter’s!
St. Peter’s Episcopal Church is a vibrant, inclusive and diverse neighborhood parish located near Westchester Square in the Bronx. We believe that service to the surrounding community is just as important a mission as our Sunday and Wednesday worship services. We offer an after school program for children, a food pantry, soup kitchen, thrift store, and an occupational therapy program. We also have the Cephas Center, a multi-use arts space where local artists can display their works, and theater groups and musicians can perform.
We warmly invite you to visit us on Sunday or Wednesday for mass, shop in our thrift store or join us for a hot meal. If you are having difficulty feeding your family, please allow us to provide you with healthy groceries. We also welcome volunteers who wish to help us carry out our mission. We look forward to seeing you!
- The Annual Easter Egg Hunt will take place on Easter Sunday, March 31, 2013 after the 9am service. Donation of eggs and candy are appreciated.
- Please help defray the cost of our beautiful Easter flowers by donating with your special offering/flowers envelope. Thank you!
- The office will be closed during the week of 4/1-4/6.
- After the Easter Services, the church will be closed for repairs for approximately 3 to 4 weeks. We will be having all Masses in the Cephas Center/Foster Hall.
- As you may have noticed, the interior of the church is being completely restored. When the work is complete, it will look even more beautiful than it did 170 years ago. The organ is also being completely cleaned and restored and will be out of service for six months. Please keep in your prayers and give thanks for all those who are making this possible.
- Own a piece of history! When the steeple is restored, we will be offering the original copper shingles for sale as a fundraiser for St. Peter’s. You can give them as gifts, have them framed or just keep them as a reminder of the tremendous and important history of our parish. The price of each shingle is $15.00.
- Thank you to Rosemarie, Catherine, Lillian, Joan, Hilton, and everyone who has worked so hard to make things work smoothly this week.
- Thank you to the Altar Guild, Choir, and all members of the Vestry and Parish who have helped make this holy season one of great beauty and deep joy.
- Thank you to Andrea, Joan, Cheryl, Muriel, Jocelyn and everyone who made our Annual Seder Supper such a beautiful success and celebration.
- Dr. Peter Bulow is in the process of sculpting a statue for the cemetery garden. The sculpture consists of scenes from scripture as well as animals and birds which represent God’s creation. You may view these pieces before they are assembled this spring by going to Queen Anne Chapel where they will be on display.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to ensure correct credit of all your pledges, please make sure that your envelope/pledge number is noted on all your checks and donation envelopes. Thank you.
If you would like to add an announcement to Sunday’s bulletin, please contact the Parish Office by the preceding Tuesday. If you would like to burn the Sanctuary Lamp, please include a $25 donation to the parish and either fill out a Request Card at mass or phone the parish office. Phone requests should be made no later than Monday in the week preceding to allow for sufficient planning.
Please notify the Parish Office if you would like to make a flower donation as Thanksgiving, Memorial or for any other occasion. Please fill out a Request Card or notify the parish no later than Monday in order to allow for sufficient planning. Arrangements for flowers should be made with the florist for Friday delivery. Please call the parish office for delivery times.